A little elbow grease now can pay big dividends later.
Frequent wet weather can take a toll on your home. Homes that are exposed to excessive wet weather are at greater risk of developing mold, rot, rust, and structural damage. However, while there is nothing you can do about the weather, there are steps you can take to protect your home. Sensible waterproofing measures can help your home stay protected even when the rain seems to rain every day.
By following these easy tips, you can make your home that much safer in just a few days:
- Use concrete caulk to fix small cracks in your concrete driveway, patio, and walkways.
- Make sure your rain gutters are clear of debris and in good repair.
- Insulate the water pipes in your crawlspace.
- Paint any rust-damaged fixtures, making sure you use special additives to stop corrosion. In the future, use heavier grease to lubricate them to prevent more rust.
- If doors or windows feel sticky after rainy weather, use a hand plane to smooth them out and sand them down. (A power plane is likely to leave big gaps.) Keep in mind that if you have a sliding door or windows, you might need to replace the trim as well.
In order to ensure that your home is truly safe from wet weather, it makes sense to call in the professionals. At MEIS Roofing & Construction, we use cutting-edge techniques to inspect homes, diagnose their water weak spots, and make all necessary repairs. Our solutions are tailor-made for your home and lifestyle, and they include maintenance plans as well as the initial installation.
Waterproofing your home can reduce the odds of having to deal with toxic mold, unexplained leaks, or flooding – all of which are excellent reasons to do it! Call us today to learn how our team can help you protect your lifestyle and your investment.