Learn Common pitfalls so you can avoid them.
When it comes to residential roofing, our skilled technicians have seen it all – especially when it comes to common mistakes and pitfalls. Learn from our experience and make sure your roof doesn’t have any of these common pitfalls:
- No leak barrier: You need a leak barrier to properly protect your roof.
- Incorrect nailing: If your shingles aren’t nailed in correctly, you can expect extensive damage and expensive repairs in the very near future.
- Leak barrier issues: A leak barrier does you no good if it isn’t properly installed.
- Shingles on a low-sloped roof: If your roof’s pitch is lower than 2:12, shingles simply won’t function properly. You’ll need to invest in a flat roofing material.
- Wrong starter course: Never use 3-tab shingles for the starter course of your roof.
- No drip edge: Without a properly installed drip edge, your roof could very soon need expensive repairs.
- Wrong type of shingle: Different types of shingles are meant for different types of and parts of the roof. Using the wrong shingle in the wrong place could lead to expensive damage.
- Attic ventilation issues: If your attic isn’t properly ventilated, it will primarily foster high levels of bacteria and mold growth. Secondarily, your shingles might wear out faster than they otherwise would.
- Bad flashing: Poor flashing leads to leaks.
- Valley issues: When the shingles of a roof’s plane are laid over each other, they should be carefully altered to prevent roof leaks.
Contact the MEIS Roofing & Construction Team Today!
If you would like to learn more about common roofing errors, give us a call today. Our skilled technicians would be happy to look at your roof, inform you if there are any problems present, and create a plan to rectify them. We’ll help you catch errors early and keep your roof properly maintained to prevent damage and leaks. Call us today to learn more and get started.