Eventually, every home or business roof reaches the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced. With the help of a Texas residential roof replacement company, this process is straightforward and won’t cause too much disruption. However, you must first choose your roofing material, and the different materials available offer various benefits for you to consider. Among the many traditional roofing styles is a more recent addition – solar shingle roofing.
Are Solar Shingles the Best Residential Roofing Option?
We’ve reviewed some of the positive and negative aspects of these shingles here. Read through our tips below, and be sure to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Pros of Solar Shingles
- Ease of Installation: Even regular roofers can safely perform some of the installation work on solar shingles. While you’ll need a specially trained professional for some parts, a regular roof can do some of the prep work.
- Cost Effective: Solar shingles are cheaper than both regular roofing shingles and solar panels. If you’re redoing your entire roof, it might be worthwhile to use solar shingles instead of paying for more expensive roofing materials and solar panels.
- Environmentally Friendly: Solar roofing is right for you if you want a green solution that looks just as good as regular shingles.
- Long Lifespan: Solar shingles are expected to offer efficiency for at least 25 years, making them a long-term option for homeowners. Check the warranty for further details on the precise expectations for each product type.
- Increased Value: High-quality solar shingle roofing should add to the value of any property. While many factors influence the sale price, solar roofs are typically seen as a benefit to the buyer.
Cons of Solar Shingles
- Less Efficient: Solar shingles are not as efficient as solar panels and require 35-50% more space for installation. However, given the cost difference, the efficiency may be a good trade-off for you.
- Professional Installation: A regular roofer can do some of the installation of solar shingles but not all of it. Finding a qualified installer to handle the entire job might not be easy – although, since you have already found Meis Roofing, you can simply call us.
Professional Solar Shingle Roofing Services in Texas
At Meis Roofing we offer a range of high-quality roofing materials, including solar shingles, slate, asphalt shingles and more. To learn about our roof replacement and maintenance services, contact our team today. Call 866-211-1116 or request a free roofing inspection now.